Day 8: DIY Part 2 - "Dancer"

January 02, 2016



DIY Completed

A few days ago I started these wall-art texture DIY's, and now they're complete with this last aluminum foil-based piece!




"Dancer" - acrylic on aluminum foil

I've always had the habit of focusing on making images really realistic, which is useful to be able to do, but sometimes limiting. So I try to "loosen up" my art - learning how to do the minimum to capture the essence of a subject, while also creating visual elements to complement a piece. Take Monet, or this artist for example...and so many more I haven't kept track of. Loosening up my art simply helps me become more creative.

This DIY was good practice. I started with a wrinkled piece of aluminum foil wrapped around a canvas (later switched to just cardboard) and looked for some natural shapes or forms that I could pick out in the folds. I thought hands would be organic and flexible enough as a subject to allow for some imagination to make it work with the foil's lines, and ended up with the formation above. I called it dancer because the organic hand movements that occur in dance make it possible that this particular pose could be that of a dancer (?).

Starting to figure out how to form the hands
And here are just some closeups because I love taking close ups!






And I also love blurry pictures


Now that this is done...time to think of the next project.....hmm.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Quote of the Day

"Why was the banana sad? Because he was a-kela"