Day 9: "City Of Night" - Piano Composition

January 03, 2016

A cool closeup of piano pegs I took spring 2015

Over the years as I've had less and less time to dedicate to my art and music, I've realized that music is a lot harder work on and create "on the side" than art. It takes something like a constant state of distraction from the daily matters of life to let a melody or musical idea to grow in my mind - and it's hard to get into that state when I have actual, real-life responsibilities that require my full attention (which is most things these days!). I remember sometimes having a musical idea subtly going in the back of my mind while doing homework, sitting in class, walking home, etc. And the best ideas came when I was zoning out. 

I find myself looking back to past compositions and wonder how in the world I thought of it - which makes me enjoy listening to my past musical works a lot more than looking at my art. So in the next few days I'll be sharing my compositions that I've written over the years.

City Of Night

So here's a throwback to my first ever composition from the summer of 7th grade, where my composing days started. I went to Csehy Summer School of Music (which feels like a lifetime away! What happy, musical times...) for a couple of weeks and concentrated in composition. Being surrounded by music, and able to go into a practice room daily to continue working on the same train of thought made the music come so naturally. And of course I had guidance from teachers - Dr. Barta and Mrs. Larter - who I have to thank for being that springboard at the beginning of it all. :)




I've made the Audio and Sheet Music (if anyone would like to learn it?! I would feel so honored) available in my store. If you don't have PayPal, Venmo users can purchase anything in my store by paying @Grace-Ming with "title of product + your email" in the description and I will email you the file!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Quote of the Day

"Why was the banana sad? Because he was a-kela"