Day 12: My Latest Composition

January 06, 2016

Becoming (2013) Medium: Acrylics on canvas

My Most Recent Composition

...If junior year of high school still counts as "recent". I technically have composed another short work, but it was an arrangement (on Soundcloud), and I never typed out the music so it's not official.
Either way, I really want to get back to writing! As much as I don't want to admit, nowadays when I don't have an explicit reason to compose music, like a competition, project, or to bring in money somehow, it's really easy to convince myself to not. Ironically, back in high school when there were a lot more composition competitions around, I wouldn't have minded composing for music's sake.

Well, this is my best work so far, in my opinion, and I hope you enjoy it! I hope you get why I titled it "Pulse"?

I thought I'd post a video of me performing it at one of my piano teacher's recitals since I managed to find it.




A cleaner audio is available on Soundcloud (below), and in my store - both audio and sheet music!



Thanks for reading! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Quote of the Day

"Why was the banana sad? Because he was a-kela"