Day 6: New Year's Eve

December 31, 2015


Turn the Page

It's a reminder I always find useful, beyond New Year's Eve. With art, work, studying, decisions day in and day out - I often find myself overworking something without thinking about how starting anew or starting fresh could save me a lot of time and effort. I tend to be afraid of deadweight loss - letting go of those old ideas that have been brewing for a long time, but are stopping me from pursuing new, greater goals.

Ironically, I lived the quote as I was drawing. I actually had started with a different idea using a really thin pen... but it ended up being like putting on liquid eyeliner. And I was hesitant to abandon all the work I had already done, so I kept working and working it...until I realized I would have saved much more time by starting over earlier. Such is life.


the "turning" effect wasn't really coming through. Also was just too thick and chunky.
pencil > pen. goals: do pen better.

By the way - some product promotion

The other day in NYC, when I was in the Strand bookstore, I gave in and bought this set of notebooks. I loove notebooks. But I know I never really use them (never became a habit) so I try not to buy them. Didn't try hard enough this time.



LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL THE TEXTURE

I also thought this style of dotted grid was unique and flexible for all kinds of doodling, planning, scheduling, and writing - a balance of just enough freedom and guidance.
There. I have defended my purchase.

It's time I start filling up some notebooks - keeping in mind I shouldn't be afraid to turn to a fresh page.


Lastly, Artist Promotion!

Here's a lovely new cover from a good friend of mine, Anjali and the Tunes! Enjoy! :)



Happy New Year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Quote of the Day

"Why was the banana sad? Because he was a-kela"