Day 1: "Idealist's View"

December 26, 2015



Some Background

This is my latest piece, made this past summer, based on a photograph I took in Sedona, Arizona last winter break at one of the stops on the Red Rock Scenic Byway (right). The painting represents an idealistic view, highlighting a simplistic path to a detailed, grand summit.

I thought about indicating scale somehow in the painting to properly capture how amazing the view was. This location was quite a climb to get to, so the photo already discounts the height. And if you look in the original photo, I've circled in red a man standing among the rocks for scale. But I decided it would be fitting to leave it as it is, because an idealist's vision is often an isolated idea that isn't grounded in the realities of its fulfillment.



Feel free to share any impressions or questions by commenting!



Know of a Quote?

I'm collecting various quotes for an upcoming art/calligraphy works. Please message me if you'd like to share any empowering, humbling, inspiring truths or quotes, from anywhere, anything or anyone.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Quote of the Day

"Why was the banana sad? Because he was a-kela"